Music Keeps Stopping.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by craigstephen420, Oct 8, 2008.

1. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

When I play music on my touch 2g 32gb, once in a while the song will just stop and I have to unlock my touch, get back into my music and start playing again. It just started doing this today. Any ideas?
  2. EMForce

EMForce New Member

are you multitasking or is it just out of the blue? i know when games start or you get email/sms/calender event, do you have intellscreen installed?
  3. craigstephen420

Nope, it just stops playing music when I have it in my pocket while listening to it. Then I have to take it out and unlock it to start music again. When I double tap the home button to bring up the volume/track control, there is nothing there.
  4. EMForce

EMForce New Member

wow that is strange and your not using anything like pocket touch or dtunes? if not try using pocket touch and see if you get the same issue.mite have to restore bad comes to worse
  5. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thats kinda VERY strange cuz it's a 2G ipod touch! and those arent jailbroken now - that means - all apps are apple-validated!

The only thing I saw was when you listen to music and lock the device/turn the screen off then the music will sop for a few seconds (~2s) and then will continue.

but I never heard about totally shutting down music-playing

Please Register or Log in to view images

(dunno perhaps hardware issue?)
  6. craigstephen420

weird, it looks like it fixed itself for I've been listening to music on it for about 5 hours with no problems. But rest assured, this new 2g ipod has some music playback problems. Its the same problem that arose from the 1g ipod touch that they supposidly fixed in the 2g. But the fact that for about 2 hours, I couldn't listen to music on my $400 ipod touch, tells me that its not a problem centralized to just mine. I'm sure others out there are doing the same. I'm just not sure if its the hardware or software. If I was a betting man, I'd say its the hardware, just the same problem they had with the 1g ipod touch. STOP LETTING THE GOOKS MAKE OUR PRODUCTS!!!!
  7. mwhite6

mwhite6 New Member

I have the same problem. 2G Ipod Touch is less than a month old. Running version 2.2 (5G77a). It's in my car, using a Geffin FM transmitter. In shuffle play (600 songs), it simply stops every 10/20 songs or so. Back to the home menu - I have to unlock, select music, then shuffle again to restart it. I'm browsing for known problems this morning.
  8. tks234

tks234 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    similiar prob

My music will stop like this

I go into coverflow and pick the lp then tap the song and sometimes ill get about 2 secs of music or nothing at all and itll boot back to the home screen. If i dont enter into coverflow and select the song from the lp it works fine. Just curious as to what it might be.

its a touch 2g as well no multitasking.
  9. Lee789

Lee789 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Me too

>>It just started doing this today.

So did mine.

It's below zero (Celsuis!) outside, my shoes pick up a static charge off the floor, my hair is sticking to my polycotton labcoat and the labcoat is sticking to my nylon top, I zap anything metal I touch... and my iPod is suddenly stopping all over the place.

So I changed to a cotton top. I'm not saying the static was the problem, but now my iPod isn't stopping any more.

Cheers, Lee
  10. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the static seems to be the problem since the touchscreen reacts on electrical zaps and your fingers are somehow static too that's why it will work with your figners but not with a wood stick but with scissors while using it with bare hands^^