music keeps disappearing from ipod - there in itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ScareCrow87, Oct 15, 2008.

1. ScareCrow87

ScareCrow87 New Member

Okay, this is really ticking me off. Yesterday I noticed that my iPod Touch was reporting "No Music", although all my music showed up fine in iTunes. I even tried taking it all off and putting it back on through iTunes - nothing. I searched this forum, found a suggestion to SSH in and remove all music and then resync - didn't help. So I finally did a full restore (losing all my application data in the process) and behold - it now recognized my music when I transferred it in. However, now it's doing the same thing again? Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? I'm wondering if there is an app that is messing things up. Or is there a limit on the number of apps you can have installed?
    Any help would be appreciated. It seems the only solution is to do a full restore again, but if it's going to happen again before I'm even done putting my music back on I'm going to throw it against a wall! By the way, I've had it for some time with no other problems.
  2. wilson-nunn

wilson-nunn New Member

Hey everyone, im having exactly the same problem as ScareCrow87. please help me. I am still under warantee and am going to see an expert unless i get any replies. Il give u help if i do go to the expert.
  3. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you have SwapTunes installed thats the reason.
  4. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    If you are on firmware 1.1.1-1.1.4 upgrade to firmware 2.1 it is very stable and has the App Store!
  5. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

what firmware do u have?