Music is still on ipod but not showing up!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FrankDaTank089, Jan 23, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

I plugged in my ipod (jailbroken 1.1.2) last night to charge. woke up this morning, and used it for a while, but didnt check my music, went to music and it said no music found. I plug it into itunes and it won't pull up the music either, even thought it says that 6.62 gb of space is taken up by other, which used to read 1.2 gb or something like that, and my music was aobut 5.8gb, so it defiantly some how blended into the other catagroy and its not opening up on my music section of my ipod. It's not that big of a deal, I can just re add all the songs, because they are all in my itunes library, but I still have them chilling on my ipod, so how do I get them to go back to the music section, or even just delete them? thanks!

edit: videos are the same, there still there, I know they are, but they are under the "other" catagorey for some reason. photos are still where they are supposed to be though.
  2. spinner

spinner New Member

I had the same exact problem. I'm just taking it in to the apple store and getting a new one.
  3. FrankDaTank089

well, mine is kinda jailbroken, lol.
  4. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

This happened to me as well....I am not sure but it happened shortly after I installed and ran BossTool.

I just wiped the ipod and re-jailboroke it...reloaded everything. So far its fine. imo, somehow the path that tells the music.app where the files are was somehow changed....I can only relate that to the bosstool, since thats pretty much what that does.
  5. FrankDaTank089

yea, i just updated a few things in installer like customize and iphysics this morning beofre it happened. I mean if I have to, I will re-jailbreak it, but the music is still on there, just reading from a different directory, so is there no way i can change it through my ssh program or anything like that?
  6. FrankDaTank089

yea if anyone knows anything about fixing this, it would be great, because im heading out on a snowboarding trip friday morning and would love to have it before then, and have classes most of the day tomorrow, so either way, I need to get it fixed tonight!
  7. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

You guys don't need to bring it back to the Apple store for this.

The iPod's database is just corrupt. Restore your iPod and resync / rejailbreak it. It's that simple.
  8. FrankDaTank089

ok, i knew exactly that the worst that would happen is restoring it, I knew I wouldn't have to take it to the apple store, but I was trying to figure out if there was a file directory that I could just change through ssh, instead of restoring the whole thing? or not?
  9. icejules

icejules New Member

Had the same problem yesterday.

Only thing I did was synchronize the touch (jailbroken, 1.1.1). Hadnt installed anything recently.

After losing an hour on the net trying to find a solution, decided to delete all files by going to settings/general/reset/reset all content and settings (have a french ipod so not sure if the menus are exactly those in english). Then I reinstalled all the music. The process didnt make me lose my third party apps.

Its not a very satisfying solution, but at least it doesnt involve restoring and re jailbreaking.
  10. icejules

icejules New Member