Music/iPod applicaion crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JeffS, Aug 28, 2008.

1. JeffS

JeffS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi all,

I've got a weird problem with the Music app on my iPod Touch. It's currently running 1.1.4 and is jailbroken. It's been stable with the jailbreak for 6 months, and no new apps have been added in quite a while.

Ok, so here's the problem. The music app crashes when it tries to loop an album. I'll play to the end, it should just stat over, and it kind of does. It plays about 2-3 seconds of the song, and then goes silent. If I look at the running processes MobileMusicPlayer is no longer running. I've had it occasionally drop out like that just listening to music, usually when switching between tracks, but that's not very often. The loop thing is pretty much about 98% of the time.

Because I'm busy/lazy I haven't done a full restore and re-jailbreak on the unit. I'm hoping to avoid that, because I have it tweaked just the way I like it. I have removed all the music, and forced it to re-sync everything.

It's never died or glitched in movies, so I'm guessing it's a changing track thing, maybe the DB is messed up, don't know.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

thanks.
    -Jeff