Music has disappeared

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wangie444, May 13, 2009.

1. wangie444

wangie444 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, i have a jailbroken ipod touch 1g 2.2 firmware. I was planning on selling my ipod to my friend, but he was unsure about it, so i let him borrow it. None of my music is bought from iTunes and neither is his. My iPod is on manually manage music mode. So when he was trying it, all he did was add some songs. The next day he said he would take it, and everything was working perfectly at the time. Once he got home and plugged it into his computer for the second time, he found that all the music and videos on the iPod are missing, but in iTunes, the music and video bar have disappear, and in its place was a 5.5gb "Other" bar. Apps still work too. I don't want to restore it or unsync the apps, because it took me like 2 days setting up the settings so he would buy it.
  2. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

Exactly what "settings" took you so long to setup and market to him?

If you do need to restore, then I suggest using SSH to back up any of these files, if at all possible
  3. wangie444

wangie444 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    see this is the problem, he has the iPod, its at his house, he doesn't have SSH or anything, and he wants all my music and apps. and those take like an hour to install and its just annoying, plus downloading from cydia is just a pain. and i have 8 pages of apps, nowhere near the 9 limit.

Oh update:
    i asked him to add a song form his library, and now he has the blue audio bar, but its 95.5 mb even though he added one song. and when he goes into the touch, all the songs are still missing except for the one he added.
  4. 00Svo

00Svo Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sorry bud, you're doing it wrong.
    You don't beg someone to buy something from you. They have to ask you for it.
    Dont let him buy it. Tease him. Make him WANT it. Then the music and stuff wont matter. Just restore and give it to him.
  5. wangie444

wangie444 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    he doesn't want the touch without the jailbreak or music and can't do it himself. Plus he's paying me more than 75% of the original value
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Lol you do realize when he sync it on his computer it will erase all your music and apps unless you authorize your account on his computer and or sell him your iTunes account along with the iPod.
  8. wangie444

wangie444 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ugh, we dont "sync" the ipod for music. The ipod is on manual mode, and can be authorized for up to 5 computers. Seeing as none of my music is form iTunes, he doesn't need authorization, so i can easily deauthorize my ipod by simply signing out and syncing to my computer. Also, its on manual, no syncing required, my ipod is basically a collection of all my friends music because i plug my ipod into their computer and drag the music i want onto my ipod. it doesn't sync with his library, so it doesn't erase over my music.