Music Gone!!!!!!! :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cheat_Code, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ok i was looking ok islsk and downloading music well one finished so i go to downloads and its not there so i go to settings and hit resysc and then i taped "do it" and it froze i let it set for a min and nothing happend so i did a force restart. it starts up fine then i go to music and the only music i have is my itunes bought music that i got from the mobile itunes. i am using islsk 3.1 and i am at my dads for the summer away from my itunes computer!!!!!! so can i do anything to fix it? Also the videos are gone and the space is still took up!
  2. GeraldC

GeraldC New Member

put it in DFU mode....?
  3. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    well y would I do that? I don't want to restore I want to try and fix with out iTunes !
  4. Genou55

Genou55 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Same prob. When I connect my iPod on my computer, the wonderful itunes reconize my iPod like a iPhone :s. Now, all my music is still on the ipot but, in the orange section (other) instead to be in the blue one. Same things with videos. I don't want to restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Re-sync all your music, thats it
  6. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

Wow. Great advice. Good thing you were here to tell him that. You're a life saver Mr. Felix.
  7. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

--sarcasm--
  8. jason724

jason724 New Member

The music on my iPod is "there" under the ipod_control folder, but they're not recognized in itunes or on my ipod. I do not want to restore because I have a ton of applications that I do not want to lose. Please help me too!

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT:
    And I can't resync because the space is still taken up by the old music files that are now recognized as "Other". Is there any sort of program that I could use to access the music files from my PC, so I can delete them and then resync?
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    ...sorta

I used WinSCP to acces my iPod, then I navigated to /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/ and just deleted all the "F" Folders and all the files in them and then I had enough space to resync my iPod. Voila!

OP, your best bet may be to just copy those "F" folders to another PC via WiFi, sorry mate.
  9. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone

well i did this and tryed to sync and it acts like it is going to but then it shows the apple in itunes and the manualy doesnt work. please help me fix this!