Music from iPot to PC/MAC

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bmvee, Sep 26, 2007.

1. bmvee

bmvee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Really new to iPod... an since the OS is new to the iPot (yes... I know... the iPhone too) how does one xfer music stored on the iPot to the PC/MAC??? What utilities are recommended?? I Googled this and received virtually all tansee references... something else exist?

thanks
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    iTunes is Recomended.

EDIT: My bad, I thought you said from pc to ipod....
  3. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

welcome, you obviously read throught the forum enough before hand to know to call it the iPoT and not the iTouch. thank you.

as far ast xfering musics from the ipod TO the computer, none of the current generation iPods have been cracked for that yet. unless im wrong... i know for sure that the iPoT has not bee, but it will only be a matter of time. im sure you will seee dozens of posts coming up once this has been accomplished. stay tuned.
  4. Phoxx

Phoxx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Generally speaking, you can't take music out of iPod to PC/Mac. This was done to prevent pirating of music.

However, there are third party programs that will allow you to rip music from iPod to PC/Mac. Most of these programs cost money and I haven't found any useful free ones. One good program is called iPodRip. Using that program, you should be able to transfer music from iPod Touch to PC/Mac.
  5. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

that's great and all. But those programs currently don't work with the iPod touch to my knowledge
  6. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

i use iDump for my 30g. i don't know how well it will work for iPoT though.....
  7. joshq00

joshq00 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    they probably won't work, because for them to work you have to set the ipod to the disk mode and you cant do that mode with the ipod touch... as of yet at least
  8. bmvee

bmvee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Before I posted, I found (google) a couple of applications that allowed me to do just that, I simply didn't like them enough (though, unless I can find another, I'll go for the Lenogo product)

One was by Tansee iPhone to PC Transfer

The other is Lenogo iPhone to PC Transfer

Google & Learn I guess. I was simply hoping for other alternative applications
  9. fsteele

fsteele New Member

And for the Mac, I can confirm that Buzz Andersen's PodWorks (http://www.scifihifi.com/podworks/ ) lets you copy tracks FROM the iPod touch TO your Mac, but not the other way.
  10. armbeiter12

armbeiter12 New Member

hey this is my first post
    but I have had some experience with ripping music off of iPods and I think that all a program needs is the root music folder and since we can access the root folder for music on the iPot most programs should work