iOS 4.0 Music Equalizer became crap!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by davidprimer, Jun 23, 2010.

1. davidprimer

davidprimer Member

Ever since the 9.2 iTunes update & iOS 4.0 update, both the sound quality of my 5.1 Dell speakersystem (with iTunes) & my Bose QC3 and Studio Beats by Dr Dre(with iPod Touch 3d gen)became totally crap!

The equalizers are totally f*ked up

Please Register or Log in to view images

Before these updates I used to listen to Loudness which was awesome, now it's soooooo bad!

EVERY equalizer setting is bad! Except from Accoustic & to shut it off... I tried to reinstall iTunes, still the same...

Do you experience the same or am I the only one with this big problem?

I don't like this it all, it ruins my music listening experience

2. urbangear

urbangear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i experienced the same in my ipod touch
  3. ElGeorge

ElGeorge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Same here... I've always listened to my music using the "Rock" setting on the EQ (even though I mostly listen to Trance music). Yesterday after upgrading I started listening to an Armin van Buuren mix that I was listening to before upgrading and my reaction was "WTF... what happened here???".

Sound quality is definitely lower than before upgrading... the usual "Bass Pumping" of Trance music was not there anymore (and I have all my Trance music at 320 Kbps MP3 files), and one interesting fact: I had to set the volume almost all the way up to perceive the same loudness that I used to had before upgrading.

I must say that I'm very picky with sound quality, even though I don't consider myself an Audiophile, but IMHO something was done to Sound Quality on the iPod app of iOS4.

BTW... I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch 32GB
  4. Powerage

Powerage Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Im not the only one then! I thought this today when I was listenin me some AC/DC. I usually have it on Bass Boster 'cause it sounds epic with my Seinnheiser headphones but today it didn't sound as great. I was hoping for custom EQs in 4.0...
  5. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So from what I'm hearing, don't even bother upgrading to 4.0?!
  6. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have always thought apple's equalizers are AWEFUL, every single one has always distorted the sound ever since 3 yeas ago particularly the bass. Bass boost provides a horrible distorted bass compared to Sony's Mega Bass which provides a flawless, perfect bass boost
  7. davidprimer

davidprimer Member

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone, I reported it to apple. Maybe you guys should do the same

Apple should be ashamed for this, it is and stays an initial music based company...

iPod was made for music.
  8. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm kinda glad there is no update available for me with all these millions of bugs people are having. Apple should ask Sony to help them create equalizers that dont distort. It will be good when I get the iPod touch 4 because they will have ironed out all thebugs hopefully
  9. davidprimer

davidprimer Member

Yep I'm exactly the same as you

Also all music encoded from FLAC -> aac 320.
    I also listened to Armin Van Buuren. We know what we're talking about

This is also on itunes itself on the pc!
    My 5 in 1 are sounds like crap now...

The Equalizers on the iPod and iTunes on PC are the same...
  10. ElGeorge

ElGeorge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Geez... I've gotta tell you that I've had two or three issues after upgrading my iPod to iOS4 (related to Wifi staying on and a problem with Skype thinking that my iPod is Jailbroken), but of all the issues that I've experienced this one related to the Sound Quality is the only one that would make me consider downgrading to 3.1.2.

I really miss now how good my music use to sound with the previous firmware (obviously not with the stock earbuds), and even though I use my iPod as my little portable computer, one of the main uses it's still MUSIC and Apple should really care about that when doing the QA of such a major upgrade on the OS.