Music Editor App

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by stvy, Jun 22, 2008.

1. stvy

stvy New Member

Since iSlsk was released I've been thinking of this app. Obviously it'd work sepparetely from iSlsk.app, it's all about an iTunes library reader/editor inside your iPod touch. What it should edit? Basically everything that it's editable through "Edit Info.." in iTunes' options (Name, artist, album, volume, etc). The artwork, which would be the hardest thing to do, shouldn't be that hard to do, since you've the Safari Plugin which downloads set-up kind of files and so does IMGrab. After it's on yours device memory, should be the same as iTunes, just add a file browser and we're done.
    Sorry for any kind of mistake, I'm writting through my iPod. I hope you got what I meant with this app.
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    that would be awesome.
  3. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    but who will do it???? hey why dont you ask the creator of iSlsk himself!!! i bet he will actually add it to the app.
  5. stvy

stvy New Member

I mean, the main reason of doing this's for organization and keeping your library 'clean' without having to connect it to your computer, maybe some more freedom while you'd do everything on your device.
    Yeees.. It would be a good ideia but since he's stressed that he's been out of time even for his own application. So, although it would be the perfect guy it would be the worst since he wouldn't have the time for it and we can't blame him. If you analyze what his app does, it's quite similar to what I've been thinking, it already adds musics to its library, which means it can READ it and ADD files to it, what would be left's the editing part and the one I believe its the hardest.
    I'm gonna try looking for more information about how the iTunes library works, since I've kind of C++ knowledge, the toolchain shouldn't be that harder.

Edit:
    Well, in fact it isn't how hard I had in mind. It's pretty easier if you think it's just XML manipulation (I guess, don't know how it works on iPod touch), which, in high expectations should be an intermediate level of programming required. Just r&w.