Music doesn't play from where left off in 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by SLGS, Jul 15, 2008.

1. SLGS

SLGS New Member

I have found that since upgrading to firmware 2.0, when I switch from music to a video, the ipod Touch doesn't remember what was playing when I go back to music. This used to work with previous firmwares. It does remember where it left off a video (this can be set in settings). Am I missing some setting for music?
  2. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yes youre missing something. lol. select all yuor music in your itunes library and right click and click get info. if it asks you about editing multiple songs click ok or yes or whatever it says to edit the songs. then at the bottom your going to want to select yes for the remember position option click ok and let ot do its thing. then resync all your music and it should work. you should probably try it with one song and see if it works. good luck
  3. SLGS

SLGS New Member

Many thanks for the suggestion - I have made the changes in iTunes as you suggest and re-synced but the behaviour in the Touch remains the same. If I start playing a music track and then go to video and play a video or a podcast when I return to music it doesn't remember which music track was playing - the Now Playing icon disappears, which it didn't prior to the 2.0 upgrade!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I am answering my own question, but I think I have worked out why this happens. As pointed out in other threads, a new feature in 2.0 is to be able to open video files directly from the music app. The music app then sees the video as the Now Playing item. If a video is opened in the video app, the Now Playing status changes in the music app. So there is no longer effectively a separate Now Playing register for the music app on its own.