Music crashes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by richardcav, Jun 28, 2010.

1. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have IpodTouch 3G 64GB with the new 4.0 updated firmware

I open the music and it stays on for about 3 seconds and then the window closes. I don't even get a chance to click on a song.

I can't say if this happened with the upgrade, because I've been organizing all my apps all this time. I never even thought to turn on the music.

I read other threads that said to uninstall "Pandora controls". I have the app Pandora, so assuming that's what they meant, I deleted that app. I shut off the ipod and restarted, but it still crashes.

I also have That's my Jam and Flux Tunes. Neither of those will work, either, and both of those had worked at some point. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the music itself. But I don't know anything about these things.

Any idea what's going on?

I DO NOT WANT TO RESTORE THE IPOD! It has taken me LITERALLY a week (24/7) to organize everything the way I want it. I do not want to lose all this just to start over again...and then ONLY to find out I didn't need to do it or it still didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Love your speed answers, dudes! (grin)

It's up and running!!!

Here's what happened:
    I went to download some podcasts, but when I closed out Itunes, I didn't let the podcasts completely download all the way. The undownloaded podcasts jammed the clogs and kept anything from playing in the music app.

SO
    If this ever happens, make sure everything has been downloaded all the way; and if not, hook it up to your computer and let the Itunes application download it from the app store.

The same thing happened earlier this year, but it was with undownloaded apps from the app store. In this case, there were a lot of "hanging" apps with dimmed icons that appeared as if they were downloading , but not. I also kept getting the itune signup pop-up that kept wanting me to log into the app store. This popped up every time my Ipod got reconnected to the internet (even while playing games) and every time I turned the ipod on.

So, there you have it, Folks. I'm going to redownload Pandora to make sure that wasn't the reason the music app crashed. So, cross your fingers.

Oh, yeah...that's right...you don't care about my ipod any more than I do about yours. LOL!
  2. ironmaiden96

ironmaiden96 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You should restore... But save a backup of your files before you start.
  3. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanx for your help, man. But you may want to finish reading a post before you reply.

I already figured it out.