Music causes crash?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mustachio, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

I havent seen a thread like this one yet... but if there is one, sorry. I try to search beforehand.

I was listening to music in my car... then out of nowhere the player seemed to crash and reset. Music stopped and next thing i saw was the apple logo and the player took a bit to reboot, but then seemed to reboot directly into sleep mode.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if it pops up often. Other than that though, seems to be working fine.
  2. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    were you using anything else on the iTouch at the same time, because sometimes using Safari with a big website it'll crash if the music is on, otherwise try restoring it, or call apple.

Cheers,
    Ben.
  3. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

No, was driving so I couldnt really do much. I had the ipod hooked up to an FM transmitter... but my transmitter plugs into the headphone jack and not the dock.

Its only happened to me once so far and ive been using it in the car for a while... If it keeps happening I will try a restore. Dont think im gonna be able to contact apple since Ive already called them for a bad screen... even though this is a new ipod with a new serial number...
  4. projectrang

projectrang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry to bump a really old thread, but this is exactly what my ipod is doing except it has happened multiple times. In my car, i have a direct ipod connection and I control everything through my head unit. The ipod will just randomly reboot. This also happens when I have a cable coming from the headphone jack into my stereo. It seems like it takes it about 10-15 minutes before the crash, but it's really annoying. Also, I didn't notice this problem until I jailbroke 3.0. Does anyone else have this problem or should I just try a restore?