Music by filetype?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mkil5, May 12, 2010.

1. mkil5

mkil5 New Member

First of all, I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 3.1.3

Is there a way to have my music arranged by filetype? I would even use a different music player if I had to. The way the native music app works, does not work well with how I have my music. I don't like by artist because there are so many variations (for example: Lil Wayne and Lil' Wayne). I don't like by song because I like to stay in the same genre/artist and I don't like going from Changes by 2Pac to Civil War from Guns n' Roses), also they are just wrong on some and have the artists name. Albums, I hardly have any full albums.

However on my computer, I have everything arranged really good by filetype and it works with no problem and I really like it. But on my iPod there is no way to view them like this. It really seems somebody tried to out think the room on this one.

Is there a solution?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, you can try this. Go into iTunes > View > View Options (I'm doing this on a Mac, I'm not sure if it's the same on PC). Then put a check next to 'Kind'. Then in your entire music library, scroll to the right and organize by 'Kind' (which is basically by file type). Then just sync your iPod and it should be synced in that way.
  3. mkil5

mkil5 New Member

Chris, Thanks for the response, I am on Windows. Those options are still there, but it was still a no go. they just got threw in randomly, I dont know how it is even listing them. Definitely not alphabetically by filename.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, I guess since you have them organized by file type in iTunes, the only thing I can think of is to make playlists for each different file type. Or make one giant playlist (with all your music) and organize that by file type again.
  5. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If anything, Make a playlist?