Music.app question (delete)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by keegan123, Feb 17, 2009.

1. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently jailbroke, and one thing I noticed is that I can delete songs from my ipod using the terminal. How hard would it be (if even possible) to make an addon to Apple's Music.app to let you delete songs directly from it's interface?
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

It would be quite hard. I wouldn't try anything like that. And there would be no point. It's not like you don't have enough room by 4 MB's. And just delete the songs every sync.
  3. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, not impossible, just quite hard?
  4. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yes just quite hard and i dont see a reason why you would try anyways
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I still do not understand why people still want the ability to delete songs when the next time you sync, it'll go right back in.
  6. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not if you have iTunes set up right, or don't use iTunes at all. I like to be able to dump a bunch of random mp3s on here, see what I like and not have to write the names down so i can uncheck a little box later. Why can't I do it right then? I understand it's not a major feature that every pod owner would use, I would use it. I didn't ask if anyone thought it was a good idea. I know it's probably not. I've just noticed there's other programs that interact with the Music player (PocketTouch) and I figure there must be a way to at least make it automatically remove a selected song at the next sync. And yes, I do run low on space often because I only have the 8gb and there's a lot of albums I always keep on there.
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you listen to music on your computer? I know a ton of people who do. Find a song you like? Add it to a playlist or give it a high rating, making a playlist for that rating. Sync that playlist, Voila.
    Because you don't need to. If it gets erased, it'll just get resynced back. Making all your hardwork sifting through songs on your device fruitless.

My advice, Start managing playlists.
  8. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, all you have to do is check "Sync only checked music and videos." Then just check the stuff you want. Done.