Music and videos missing everything else fine.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rockblock, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Rockblock

Rockblock New Member

Ok I just had something odd happen. All of my music and videos disappeared from my Ipod Touch.

My Ipod touch is version 2.0.2, jailbroken.

I hooked my Ipod Touch to my iTunes and iTunes says it cant read the iPod and is asking me to restore it.

Well I got ALOT of music on here and I don't want to restore it.

I have this other program I use for putting stuff on it too called ImTOO Ipod Computer Transfer or something like that. I run that instead of iTunes and it see's all my music and videos JUST fine.

As an experiment, I tried adding a couple videos threw this. Now the programs shows they are on the iPod along with everything else but the iPod itself still says I have NO music or videos and itunes still says it can't read my Ipod Touch.

So I fired up Terminal and change directory to where the music is stored and I have a bunch of folders called F00, F01, F02, and so on and when I change directory into them, ALL the music is still there. I mean I expected it to be because the ImTOO iPod Transfer Software see it.

So somethings screwed up in the iPod itself.... Can I change some settings or premissions to fix this?

It was working earlier today, the only thing I played with is BossPrefs and I clicked some crap but nothing that seems like it would have done this.

Thoughts? Help?
  2. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the culprit is the imtoo ipod computer transfer....

sadly, the only option for you is to restore...

it happened to me before... and i never used that damned software ever again... and next time, ALWAYS have a backup of your iTunesdb because thats what imtoo messed up... your still good if you were on 1.1.4 and have islsk on your ipod since it creates backup of your itunes database... you just have to restore it on WinSCP and itunes will recognize your ipod again...

if however, your music and videos are gone ON THE IPOD but itunes still sees all of them, you just have to unsync all off your appstore apps then restart and youll see your music again on you ipodtouch..
  3. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    on the old 1.1.x you could fix this without a restore by deleting the iTunes_Control folder from within /private/var/mobile/media.

then replug back into the computer and open itunes again. should recognise it again. i cant remember whether it requires re-syncing all the music, but it certainly didnt need a restore
  4. Rockblock

Rockblock New Member

Well... Lets see here. I've used Imtoo iPod Transfer for a while now but NEVER to upload stuff to my iPod, just to make backups of my Music, Videos, and Photo's when I'm playing with Installer, Cynda, or Customize.

Now that I think about it, the iPod was working fine then I used ImToo iPod Transfer to upload the new episode of Weeds and the Daily News with John Stewart.

That's when all my Music and Videos disappeared.

Anyway, I used OpenSSH to look around and all the Music and Videos were still there. Also, ImToo still saw it too.

I used ImToo to backup all my Music and Videos to my computer, did a restore to 2.0.2, then Quickpwn'ed t again, installed all my apps and then used iTunes to put all my Music and Video's back on it.

All is good now.

That being said, is there a program that will make auto backups of the database?
  5. rawj0ck

rawj0ck New Member

I had the same problem and find out that there were two "itunes_control" folder, the original one had change named in to "itunes_control2" so i deleted the "itunes_control" folder that contained the same subfolders as the original but were completly empty.
    Then i changed name for "itunes_control2" into "itunes_control" and then all music and video was back in itunes.