Music and Video apps don't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lumify, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Lumify

Lumify New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was trying to hide the Music and Video icons using Poof, but it wouldn't work, so I removed the app folder MobileMusicPlayer.app off the iPod so the icons would go away. I kept it this way for a few days. When I put the folder back on so that it was exactly how it was before, the apps wouldn't work. Whenever I clicked Music or Video, it just flashed a screen then went back to the home screen. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I cannot restore because I got my iPod with 3.1.2 but after 3.1.3 was released, and it's unjailbreakable 3rd gen.
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First of all, you can't hide those apps.
    Second, you can't remove the app folder and then expect it to work later.
    Only solution would be a restore.
  3. Lumify

Lumify New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    "I cannot restore because I got my iPod with 3.1.2 but after 3.1.3 was released, and it's unjailbreakable 3rd gen." There's no way I'm going to lose my jailbreak over this, because I still have dTunes and VLC4iPhone. The first isn't compatible with many file types and the second has a horrendous UI.

Since I'm stuck with VLC4iPhone as the only way to play music other than MP3s, does anyone know if there's a way to make it keep running when the iPod is locked without using the battery-killing Insomnia? dTunes does this, so it must be possible.
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Backgrounder.
  5. Lumify

Lumify New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have found Backgrounder quite useful for making it continue when I exit the app, but it doesn't make the music continue when I lock the iPod. dTunes and a lot of stock apps continue running even when the iPod is locked. I was wondering if there's a way to continue VLC4iPhone in the same way, whether it be through a package or if I need to go crawling through files making edits.

I figured out that VLC4iPhone sort of works as an improved interface (in my techy opinion) to the default music player, as it allows you to play the regularly supported files in the standard player and offers support (though buggy) for other formats. When the standard formats are playing in this default player, you can lock the iPod and the music will continue.

Since VLC4iPhone supports the default formats so cleanly, I don't think I even need the regular music and video apps any more.
  6. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I don't think theres any other solution besides Insomnia.
  7. Lumify

Lumify New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, you're probably right.