Music always disappears, Storage is full with orange "Other"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brabbijt, Nov 5, 2008.

1. brabbijt

brabbijt New Member

Hi,

i have had the new iPod touch 8GB for three weeks now and have been very happy with it.

Yesterday, it had problems turning on, after switching it on it suddenly turned off again. Then i plugged it in with the USB cable and everything was fine, until i synchronized.

After synchronizing, all my Music and Video is gone from the touch. It shows nothing in iTunes, the Storage bar is full with "Other", in the orange color, but no media on it.
    Apps and other data were still there.

I restored it, took a while, but everything was good again, and i was able to put music on and all my data was restored from the backup. So it showed the music again on the iPod and in iTunes the Storage bar was filled up with Audio and Media.

Then i synced again, and all my music was gone again and - you guess it - the bar was orange again, filled with "Other"!

If i restore the touch again now, it will probably be the same again tomorrow. Anyone has advice what to do? If i reinstall iTunes and sync afterwards, everything will be deleted from my iPod, right?
    Or is there some library file in any iTunes folder that i can delete, so that it automatically creates a new library that is not corrupt?

I hope someone here hat similar experiences and can help my, i would really appreciate it

Please Register or Log in to view images

The iPod touch is the newest model (bought of amazon), firmware 2.1.1 and not "jailbroken"!
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    sorry man, I have no idea.

<BUMP>
  3. albin

albin New Member

I've had the same problem two times and i solved it by deleting everything in the setting on the iPod. Then synced it and it's working now
  4. TimmyUK

TimmyUK New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This has happened to me also however this was due to me using media monkey to manage my music, so when i tried adding a music vid from Itunes bye bye music collection. For me a love hate relationship with itunes.

My first Ipod so a real newb to ITunes so its more than likely something i am doing wrong.
  5. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The cable also might be faulty.... that happened to me and all the music and videos would disappear but not the pics or apps..... i eventually came to find out it was just the cable
  6. TimmyUK

TimmyUK New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Had my touch pinging (making a docking noise) a few times every time i picked it up is this a symptom?
  7. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Go to /var/mobile/Media and if there is iTunes_Control_2 and iTunes_Control_temp delete temp and rename 2 without the two and underscore before it.
  8. brabbijt

brabbijt New Member

i resetted the ipod memory and got my settings back from the backup, now it works.

i think it was because i unplugged the cable to fast, so now i always use itunes to log the ipod off. until now i hadn't had the problem anymore, i hope that stays this way.

thanks for all your replies!

Please Register or Log in to view images