Music Albums

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Victorxhuang, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Victorxhuang

Victorxhuang New Member

I just went on youtube and it showed a tutorial on how to get the artwork over your music, but i was wondering if there was a way to like put a bunch of music under an album. Like if i didn't want to get music off itunes and i wanted 2 songs from the same artist, is there a way to bunch it up and then i could put an artwork over it?
  2. stillogic

stillogic New Member

change the tags of the song album to something like _ various songs
  3. ~P~

~P~ New Member

The first thing i'd do is to delete those songs you want to group together from the iTunes library if neccessary and then find the files on your computer and highlight both of them. Right-click and then go to properties. Here you will have two options 'General' and 'Summary'. Go into 'Summary' and click 'Advanced'. Now you can alter the track information however you want it. In your case, i'm guessing that you went to put them all into one album, so simply change the 'Album Title' to 'My Songs' or whatever you want and then click 'Apply' and 'Ok'. Now both songs will have the same album name and when you import them into your iTunes library then they will be recognised as being part of a single album rather than a separate one.

Then all you have to do is add the album artwork. Since the tracks are in the same album, you will only want one piece of album artwork for all of them. Type the album name into the search bar in iTunes and then the tracks will show up in the main window. Now highlight one of the tracks and go to the top left corner and select 'edit', then choose 'select all' from the drop down menu and you should see that all the songs in the album are now highlighted. Now find the album artwork you want to add from the internet or from your computer (best size is from 300 x 300 and upwards) Then right-click and select 'copy'. Now go back to iTunes and Right Click on the highlighted tracks and select 'Get Info'. You can see an 'Album Artwork' box in the bottom right corner of the window that appears, now simply right click and select 'paste' and click 'ok' and there you go, all the songs will be under one album with one piece of album artwork.

~P~
  4. Victorxhuang

Victorxhuang New Member

thanks a lot