iOS 3.1 Music Album Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kevinmiller, Nov 13, 2009.

1. kevinmiller

kevinmiller New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm going to try to avoid complaining about how my $300 ipod(which is now $200) plus $35 in updates should have been updated for free instead of paying $5 for the latest update. lol

Instead, I'm hoping somebody can help me with a problem it caused. I held out for a long time updating because $5 for the ability to type sideways wasn't really worth it to me. Finally, I broke down and did it because an application I downloaded wouldn't work without it. When I did, however, it screwed up my music library.

I have albums that I've "created." I've got different songs in one album that are related somehow but I combined them into an album instead of bothering with making playlists and having a million albums with one song in them. So some of them have different artists and cover art. Well, when I updated, I opened up my music on my ipod and found that it was taking a long time to open. When it finally did, I realized that my library had doubled and was now full of albums that had all the songs in them but were just labeled individually for every freakin song. lol So now I have a ton of albums with the same songs, but in different orders. It's obviously really annoying but I can't figure out how to fix it. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA!

Kevin
  2. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes these are serious flaws in iTunes
  3. burchy182

burchy182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I too have the same situation. Before the update i had an album which i compiled with 63 songs in it. But on my touch it only showed up as 1 album. Great. But now, after the update it shows up as 63 albums. Not great. WHY????
  4. burchy182

burchy182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorted it. I downloaded a compilation album and it came up as 60 entries when albums were selected. I highlighted the tracks and went into get info. In the info tab I ticked 'album artist' and entered the title of the album, ticked 'album' and entered the same info and ticked grouping. I then went into the options tab and ticked 'part of a compilation' and selected yes. Then synced and hey presto the re was only 1 entry in the albums..... yippie

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ICanHaziPod

ICanHaziPod New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You don't even need to touch the album artist section. You just need to check that it's a compilation.
  6. burchy182

burchy182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did try just ticking the compilation one. But each time i tried it, it didn't work. Only way to get it too work was to fill in and tick the album sections

Please Register or Log in to view images