[Music] Album order is not right

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dreossk, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Dreossk

Dreossk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hello,

So I am in the music section of the iPhone, in the "Albums" vertical list and what I usually do when I have multiple albums of the same artist/group is changing the "Sort album" in the "Sort" tab of the album like this: "Rammstein 1", "Rammstein 2", "Rammstein 3"... etc so all the Rammstein albums are in "R" in order of release instead of one being in "H" for Herzeleid, one in "S" for Sehnsucht, etc. Like this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have many albums with many artist/group arranged like this like Star Wars:

Now it seems it doesn't work anymore. I have the album Black Holes and Revelations from Muse and I changed the "Sort album" for "Muse 1" but in my iPhone it's still in B:

I tried deleting and re-adding it, I tried changing the "Sort album" to "aaaaa", I tried rebooting the iPhone and I tried many other things but nothing works. I checked with other albums and every field in the "Infos" tab and in the "Sort" tab is similar.
    Note that:
    - The order is correct in iTunes (album is in "M")
    - The order is correct in coverflow in the iPhone (but I don't use that much)
    - This is the first album I bought from iTunes (I was previously using the CDs)
    - This is the first album I synced after updating to the last firmware version

So what's wrong?

Thanks