iOS 4.0 Multitask 3G doesn't work properly..

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by 16drums, Jun 23, 2010.

1. 16drums

16drums Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi Guys,

I know multitasking isn't actually for iphone 3G but it works except of the one point that the apps don't keep open.
    For example I launched Let's Golf, then made a double tap and opened messages, but when i made a double tap again and opened let's golf again, it started from beginning....

any solutions? (would be great

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Tanks for your help
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Please remember to search. Anyways, it's because the Devs have to update their apps to use multitasking. It's the way apple implemented it.
  3. 16drums

16drums Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So it will only work with the apps created for it?
  4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    This is because iPhone 3G doesn't have enough RAM to keep the app running in the background. You may choose to enable swap files to have practically unlimited RAM but I can't guarantee that the device will keep running strong...
  5. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, you have to be patient.

Make sure the application is iOS 4.0 tested on the App Store.

If it is then its likely that it will support multitasking.

At the moment, only stock apple apps (messages, maps, ibooks) are supported and many developers are updating their applications to support multitasking.

Twitter has just been updated to support iOS 4.0 and multitasking btw. It has nothing to do with RAM, the 7 multitasking APIs that Apple pushed to developers are optimized for less memory and battery footprints.

The APIs do not use alot of RAM except for Task Completion. Fast App Switching just saves the state of the app. Say if you are playing a game, it will pause it and when you return, it will be back where you left off.