Multiple Sound outputs on PS3?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Waffle2jazz, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So I have the Tritton AX 720 Headset an they are awesome to use. The only problem is when friends come over they wanna also hear the sound through the trittons while I'm using them. Is it possible to have sound going through both the headset and the speakers at the same time and if so how? Thanks!
  2. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I read your thread yesterday and honestly I'm not sure. If you go to Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Audio then it gives you some options, but that might not be what you're looking for. I don't own a headset that uses the full audio output (only voices) so I'm not sure if it'll add options for that...

Just did a quick google search and didn't get any answers, so it looks like there might not be one.
  4. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    alright thanks for looking, i have got no luck searching either. it's no big deal really, just something that would be nice
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

By "the sounds through the headset," are you refering to the voices of other players? I assume this is a bluetooth headset.

I know my brother has his PS3 set up so the sound comes out of his TV while he speaks into his headset. It sounds like what you are looking for. I know there's an option to set things up this way, but I'm not sure where it is. Once I set up my headset, I never touched any options. The default is sound through the headset for voices, and that's how I like it. This way, I can turn on the headset and set it somewhere else so I don't have to hear a bunch of angry squeaky little voices coming out of my TV or being blasted into my ear everytime I play something with multiplayer.

So yes, what you want can be done. I just don't know how.
  6. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My headset also has the actual game sound going through it as well as the voices. What i want is the sound to go through the speakers at the same time as the sound going through the headset. This way, my friend can hear the sound while i have the headset on hearing the sound as well and talking to people. i saw in the sound settings there is something about multiple sound outputs but i don't really know if thats what i want?