Multiple music syncing problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dijid, Dec 31, 2008.

1. dijid

dijid New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I'm having several problems syncing my music with my 2G touch. I've had it several months and it never synced right, now is getting worse.

1. Album artwork appears in iTunes, but I'm missing it for 4 albums on my touch. At least one is stuff I bought directly from iTunes.

2. One album artwork appears as a black square (again, bought directly from iTunes and appears on my computer)

3. I'm getting albums and songs that aren't in any of my playlists. We've got two ipods on this computer and so we "sync only checked...". It works fine on the nano, but I get extras I don't want. What's weirder is that I'm getting partial albums (ie one of the albums I don't want gives me only 2 of the songs on it) It's not even songs that I once wanted and don't want anymore. I never checked them in the first place.

4. Sometimes I get all the songs from an album even if I've only got one or two songs in the playlist. Next time I sync - I get only the songs in the playlists. But no matter what, I still have problems 1-3.

Any hints. I've updated software, re-synced and re-synced and I never know what I'm going to get.