Multiple Jailbreaking Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Revive, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Revive

Revive New Member

Well, I'm 99% sure that I want to jailbreak, but I have a few questions that I just can't seem to find around in the forums

My version is 2.2.1

I plan on using this guide:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155816

1. "BEFORE you begin, restore your iPod Touch clean to it's factory state."
    What does it mean factory state? (Restore in ITunes?)
    Does that statement affect me if I've never tried to jailbreak before

2. Will all my music/ appls / videos be deleted when I jailbreak (using the method in that guide)?
    This one isn't really that big of a deal, because I can just transfer all the music/ videos/ appls from the Itouch to Itunes before jailbreaking, but I'm still curious.

3. The way I understand it, basically the steps are:

Jailbreak
    and just use Cydia to get Apps
    (If that's wrong, could you please elaborate)

If your buying Apps from Cydia does it use your ITunes credit? ( I use giftcards, because my parents don't trust me with credit cards >.>)

Also is WiFi the only way to use Cydia?

"Tethered Jailbreak: A Tethered Jailbreak is when an iPod/iPhone needs to have commands injected to boot up to a Jailbroken State."

So since I'm using a untethered jailbreak guide, does that mean that I won't need to use those "/var/mobile/Library/Downloads Folder" kind of commands?

5. Do you notice that your battery runs out faster when its jailbreaked compared to when it wasn't?

6. Did YOU find it complicated at all or was it easy to eventually learn?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    1. No it shouldn't matter if you have never jailbroken, but its always good to start with a clean slate

2.Yes it will all be deleted.

3.Use to get alot of things. Cydia deals in no way with iTunes credit. You can use things like Cyder to be used on your comp.

4.Don't use this guide. Look up Quickpwn Beta. Its so easy and really fast.

5.I've never noticed, but other people have complained about it.

6.I found it hard at first but that was back with Command prompt to jailbreak. Just look up Quickpwn beta, Quickfreedom, redTool if your on a PC, Untetherizer and Quickpwn beta if your on a Mac. Those are automated.

7. Preferabbly use Quickpwn Beta. It dosent require a restore in iTunes, so it jailbreaks your iPod Touch while keeping everything you have on it still.

hope it helps
  3. Revive

Revive New Member

Thanks, that does me so much help, I've always thought QuickPwn was some kind of App so I never bothered to read about it until now.
    I'll most likely use that one then since its seems to be alot faster since its automatic.
    Also I'm on PC: Windows XP
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One