Multiple iPods - Setup different playlists?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Indianna, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Indianna

Indianna New Member

Possible to set up different set up seperate playlists keeping them seperate from each individual iPod device you connect.
    For example: seperate playlists for iPhone, and seperate playlists for iTouch

How can you achieve this?
  2. iPodGuy101

iPodGuy101 New Member

I think this is possible once you have the latest version of iTunes but you have to set up iTunes to do Manual Sync instead of the defualt auto sync each time you connect your iPod devices to your computer. Let me know if it works as I only have one iPod Touch and I am not able to try it myself

Cheers
  3. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Click on the device in iTunes and choose the "Summary" tab, after that click the checkbox "Manually manage music and videos" so you can just drag 'n' drop the files from your library onto the device.

The other method you could use is to click on File > New Playlist. Drag 'n' drop the files into this playlist and click on your device in iTunes. Than choose the "Music" tab, click on the checkbox "Sync music" and select the "Selected playlists:" button. Choose the playlist you created before in the list.

Edit:
    The iTunes version doesn't matter, even the very old versions can handle that "problem". iTunes will remember your settings so it knows to sync the right playlists.