Multiple Identical Apps

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by matt1308-, Feb 11, 2009.

1. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if it were possible to have multiple AppStore applications of the same application on a single iPod Touch.

This is probably confusing so let me explain further.
    Let's use... Fieldrunners as an example, I chose Fieldrunners because that is one of the reasons i am asking this, my goal is to have 2 of the same version on my springboard, that launch their individual application, but there's 2.

Still confusing.
    Let's say this was accomplished, i could SSH into my iPod and change files in one of the Fieldrunners so that it gave me 500 health. But leave the other as is.
    Therefore having 1 normal ligitimate Fieldrunners.app and another hacked Fieldrunners.app

Note that my intentions aren't purely for this one game, but that is what sparked the idea...
    SO, is this possible, and how?
  2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I want to be able to do it for normal applications like Calculator and such, just to confuse people

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Brandon639

Brandon639 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think you could just rename one of them, SSH the other in, and your good to go?
  4. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

i just thought, why not copy an application from mobile/Applications to .../Stash/Applications.xxxxxx/ and rename it...

that should work right?
    i'd test it myself but... well. i can't be bothered
  5. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 New Member

So, you want to have multiple copies of the same app, but you can't be bothered trying to test possible solutions.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

touche... i will test it, but when i posted that comment i didn't have my ipod connected and i was doing other things... i just couldn't be bothered then...

but i'm going to try it out now

EDIT: i have tried and no luck at all!