Multiple Devices on One iTunes PC

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OldSalt, Oct 17, 2010.

1. OldSalt

OldSalt New Member

My 4 y.o. daughter has all but comandeered my 3rd gen iPod Touch. It's 32Gb is mostly full of Disney and other videos which keep her well-entertained when we're in the car. I want to get an iPad (waiting for the next gen, of course) but am wondering how well running two different devices will work on my PC with one instance of iTunes. I don't want them to be de facto clones of one another. If I download an iPad app, will it try to load on the iPod? And vice versa? Can I select different music and videos to keep on each?

How's this work?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Manually mange music. And it won't sync iPad only apps to the iPod.
  3. stroodle

stroodle New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Hey bud,

I had this exact problem with my iphone and ipad being on the same libary and things getting confusing. But you could just run two itunes libarys off of the same itnes account....one titled itouch libary and the other ipad libary.....everything you drag into each each these libaries will be for that device.

There are loads of videos demonstrating how to do this on youtube.....it is complicated to explain....but if you are on windows, just hold down shift and double click the itunes icon.....keep the shift button held down until a pop up comes on the screen asking you to create a new libary....or choose one.

Hope it helps
    Danny