Multiple background for ios4.0?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ssicalove, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ssicalove

ssicalove New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi, I've seen some multiple background for each page themes but they are for below ios 4.0 and it seems like it doesn't work when I apply it to my jail broken ios 4.0 Ipod touch 3g.
    I couldn't find any help regarding ios 4.0 multi background and I'm kinda new to this ipod touch stuff so am I doing it wrong or is it because its ios 4.0?

thanks

------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------------
    It seems like I didn't explain in detail. (sorry I don't know the exact words because I'm new to ipod touch)

So... You know how you have multiple pages on your screen? (where the apps are)
    I want different wallpapers on each of the page.
    For instance, on first page of apps. I want to have... lets say... a cat wallpaper.
    Than I flip the page to the right and on 2nd page, I want to have a dog wallpaper. And go on and on and on.
  2. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm sort of confused on what you're asking, but i think BossPaper does what you are asking for

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ssicalove

ssicalove New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'll check that out. thanks

4. dawggydawgg

dawggydawgg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I know what you are talking about and wondering the same thing. With themes that worked in anything before iOS4, some would have different backgrounds/wallpapers for each screen of apps. So that your main could be different from your second screen and so on.

A good example of this is the HTC Hero Sense theme that the folks over at redmond pie had made. The main screen wallpaper had the HTC clock with weather and such while any other screen you flipped to was just a plain grey background.

Does anyone know if this feature was removed. Looking into older themes on my ipod through the raw file system, there is a wallpaper.png which is the main background you see and then page0.png through page9.png. iOS4 seems to take the wallpaper.png for your background but ignores the page0.png through page9.png now.
  5. satointl

satointl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What if you delete the wallpaper.png and put Page0.png instead?

6. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    you can disable the iOS4 built in wallpapers and use winterboard for per page wallpapers. Just understand that when you open a folder you will see black where the wallpaper should be if it were a native wallpaper.
  7. loren23

loren23 Guest

wallpaper

How do you disable 0s4 wallpapers?
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Same problem

I seem to be having the same trouble with this. I try to use Page0.png in a separate theme on winterboard, but it does not change the background. I believe though if you try naming a file "overlay.png" that might work. it worked for themes lower than IOS4.
  9. angelinalove24

angelinalove24 New Member

After using such things if the problem remain same then i don't think there is a way to find the solution. Is there any?