mp4 to iPod Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FiZiXftw, Dec 29, 2009.

1. FiZiXftw

FiZiXftw New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright so right off the back I have lurked everywhere and googled my brains out looking for the answer to this but although everyone seems to have a similar problem all of them are making key mistakes with video conversion or software updating.

I just got a brand new iPod Touch 3G for christmas, It's 32 gigs and isn't cracked. I have the newest version of iTunes and quicktime. I *******ed a full season of arrested development already prerendered to .mp4 and all the compatible iPod requirements. In my eyes.. I'm doing everything right. Itunes however will now allow me to pull the files into the main library, I can't even get to the stage of putting them on the iPod.
    I've managed to get two videos on their prior. The first was the smosh sex ed video downloaded directly from their site which is in .mp4 format and the second is Sharkwater which was downloaded directly from the iTunes store.

but now, even though arrested development is in .mp4 format, and specifically states that it's ready to go for iPods it wont load. I drag and drop and nothing happens, it just acts as though I didn't do anything. & When I click import folder, it analyzes all the files with a progression bar but once it hits the end of the bar nothing appears yet again. All my videos are set to show so it's not like their hidden in iTunes, it's just as if iTunes is completely ignoring my requests but only when it comes to videos. Music, Applications and Pictures all pull into the library and sync without problem.

If anyone knows what's wrong please inform me.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I would also like to state that all the episodes play perfectly fine in quicktime and VLC media player. So it's not as if they're corrupt.
  2. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    google handbrake. download and install to convert. I had to do the same thing.
  3. tckrockz

tckrockz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would love to know the solution for this as well cause i will be in same boat in another few weeks time!

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Try Handbrake i just tried it and i can confirm you can add videos to itunes after converting the video with handbrake:!)
  4. FiZiXftw

FiZiXftw New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you both, I'm going to try that right now.
    Works perfectly, Thanks again guys I really appreciate it