MP4 quality on Ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hotnikkelz, Jul 16, 2008.

1. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

Well recently i've been encoding video to put on my ipod touch, but for some reason high quality mp4s don't show well on the ipod.While playing coloured tiny squares appear throughout the video. I would like to know, what is the ideal quality and framerate and resolutio for mp4s on the ipod touch. Obviously i want the maximum of what i can get. Anyone has any thought on this?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The highest resolution that an iPod Touch can go is a width of 640. That usually makes things look the best.

Full Specs for Video:

Video
    H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok so basicly... use the best one that he give you... which is this one.

4. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

THANX A LOT for the info.
    I have another question though

The videos on my pc, what program will allow me to view the video specifications?

What software can i use to encode video to these specs. Apparently my ImTOO 3GP video converter doesn't give me so much info on what I'm encoding to exactly.
  5. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Xvid4PSP on Windows is the best I've ever used. Just select the "MP4 iPhone and iPod Touch". Everything is set at the highest quality already,

Make sure to first install the Combined Community Codec Pack. And if you're on Windows XP, make sure to have Microsoft .NET 3.0

You won't have to increase the resolution at all unless you want to hook your iPod Touch to your TV.
  6. exit1010

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hey tes. have you tried videora? is it any good? please tell me!!!! and how old are you???
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Videora is Craapppp. Trust me, stick to Xvid4PSP. ANd I'm 19.
  8. exit1010

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok because i use it. so the one you post is the best one right?

ok well you are a Forum god to me!!!! everything you say is sharp and to the point. (nice grammar and spelling (i need to pick up on that)).

thanks for the advice.
  9. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

Ahhh thanks again teslanaut getting that right now man Great help man!

To avoid making a new thread i'll ask an off topic question in here.
    Is there a way that i can drag and drop specific photos and video to my ipod without having to sync with itunes. In other words just like how i manually drag my music from the itunes library into the ipod. I'd like to do the same thing in itunes with photos and videos especially. In itunes under my ipod there's no folder that says photos, instead they have music, movies, and tv shows. I find that so silly. Why is there no folder that says photos as well so i can drag straight from the library into the ipod.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anyone?