MP3 Transfer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by forzet, Nov 14, 2007.

1. forzet

forzet New Member

Hi,

If I have MP3 files on my computer, can I upload them to my iPod touch or I am obliged to buy MP3 files through Apple?
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Welcome to the forum. Install i-Tunes, click on "manually transfer audio and video", and then drag and drop your mp3's onto your touch. You don't have to buy all new music

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. forzet

forzet New Member

Thank you for the info. What are the files format that I can freely put into the touch without buying ?
  4. ARUS

ARUS New Member

Here are the specs from the apple website:
    check http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html

To sum up: aac, mp3 and wav.
    iTunes convert wma-files automatically to aac/mp3, so this isnĀ“t a problem.
  5. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Yes, so long as you tell iTunes where your mp3 files are.

If you have a wireless router in your house, install and Run Tversity on the PC where the music files reside, you can walk around and use the wireless ability of the touch to access all your music files without ever downloading them via iTunes.

And once you're connected to the internet, you can go to Seeqpod.com and find a vast array of music files to listen to, without needing to download (copy) them to the touch.

The iTouch is GREAT! Yes, I'm a fan.
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i need help

Can someone please help me do this? I've tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working. I'm trying to get mp3 files from my computer to my ipod touch and I can't! at first i was able to because i was just doing a zillion things at the same time and i had no idea what i was doing but now it's not working and i don't know what do do next. can i please have some help here? this is serious.