iOS 3.1 Moving to a new library

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by IceRayn, Jan 6, 2010.

1. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I received a iPhone for Christmas, and I synced it with my Windows virtual machine on my Ubuntu box. A few days ago, I received a MacBook for my Birthday, and I wish to sync it with my iPhone, however, when I go to sync, iTunes asks me to wipe my iPhone. I want to keep my settings and progress for many of my apps, so wiping and reloading it is out of the question. Is there any way to convince the iPhone that the MacBook is the virtual machine, and allow it to sync? All I want to do is add Ringtones made in GarageBand, and not much more.

Sadly, it's a 3G S, so untethered jailbreaking is also impossible.

So is there a way?

Thanks,
    IceRayn (IceRayn.com)
  2. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MobileSync\Backup

That's where iTunes stores iPhone backups (which have your settings and contacts, I assume). Take the most recent backup and put it in ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ on your Mac. I'm thinking that when you restore your iPhone, it will use this backup to recreate your settings. I've never done this, so I can't guarantee it won't work. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, though.
  3. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, this would still remove my application contents: Scans in RedLaser, races in real racing, and more things like that. Is there any way to make my Mac iTunes pretend to be My VM iTunes?
  4. LuffyZoro

LuffyZoro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, sorry, I don't think there's a way to do that.