Moving my hard drive

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by deadlyvirus, Feb 20, 2010.

1. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a 500GB hard drive in my laptop with Windows 7 installed and all is well. I am going to be getting my m11x soon, and it would be a pain to have to reinstall everything, so can I just move my hard drive into my m11x without problems? Or is there a way to configure it to work?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    make sure the ur new comp is capatible with ur hard drive like if your hard drive is ATT then the computer needs to be capible to that
  3. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They're both SATA.
  4. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it depends if they are different brands, they wont unless you installed the win7 on it after buying it. Most major computer makers have their OS installs linked to their brand of mother board, also you may have to boot it with a recovery disc if it does work due to the hardware being drastically different.
  5. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It will be going from a Toshiba to an Alienware, so the hardware will most likely be different. I installed Win 7 myself. i am most worried about blue screens on bootup as that has happened before. It wont boot, just goes to a blue screen whining about hardware. The recovery disk should fix that though, right?