Moving from Touchfree to Manual

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Scoobie10, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

I've jailbroken 4 times now and am still experiening a complete lockup/freeze that always requires a restore. I'm at a loss for why this happens and have decided to try the manual install to see if that works. On my last Touchfree install, I didn't make any further changes or installations (iPhone apps or installer apps/themes) other than the Summerboard installation carried out by Touchfree. I can only guess that Summerboard is the issue.

I know there are others having this issue but only a scant few. Is there anyone out there who has had these lockup issue (when installed by Touchfree) and used the manual install with sucess?

Thanks.
  2. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

Okay, change of heart. I just reviewed the manual tutorial again and it's just a little.... err.... a lot over my head. I'm a little too nervous to trust myself to get it right.

<Sigh> Anyone have any other options from me? Will Touchfree get an update?
  3. vadimqwe

vadimqwe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same here, im waiting for an update for improvement
  4. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

Are you having the same lockup issue?
  5. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

Guys i dont think there will be a update... It works perfectly. Get someone who knows what they are doing and get them to jailbreak it for you guys. I have little or no knowledge of this stuff and I jailbroke it before the 1 click jailbreak was out. Just a thought
  6. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

Delta, there have been several reports that Touchfree and it's installation of Summerboard doesn't work perfectly. What "1 click" are you talking about?? I would like to know more. Touchfree 0.6 is not one click. Also, the author of Touchfree posted this:

I'm testing an alpha of a new version of the program. It can be found here. The benefits include having only one single reboot step. Only Installer and SummerBoard are installed, but you have the option of getting SSH by installing the OpenSSH package in Installer. Please contact me with any feedback.
  7. emb531

emb531 New Member

when u run touchfree right click on the icon and click "run as administrator"

this could fix your lockup errors
  8. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

I'll try that when I get home, thanks. Any idea how installing as an admin will change the installation?
  9. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    some programs require a administration account to run correctly. I personally did the jailbreak touchfree one from a PC running vista x32 ultimate.
  10. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

Cool, I'll give it a shot and post my results.