movies problem

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by gazza1591, Jan 13, 2010.

1. gazza1591

gazza1591 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hi all

i have converted 2 movies today both to mp4 format when i opened up itunes the 1 movie was under the movies tab the other was not ? so thought i would just drag and drop it into the movies tab but it wont go in there ?

any ideas ?
  2. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    One might not have the media kind tag set as Movie and it's under something else....

Check under the "Recently Added" playlist and see if both files are listed there. If they both are.. right click the one you want and go to "Options" and change the "Media Kind" to "Movie"... then you should find it in the right place.

Otherwise... if it's not showing in the recently added.. right click Recently Added and choose "Edit Smart Playlist" and change the keywords around... Change it to ... Match the following rule... Date Added is in the last 2 days (or however many days since you added the file) and click OK.

If it's still not showing up, which is probably more likely... but at least you checked

Please Register or Log in to view images

..... unfortunately, it might not have converted properly and you might have to do it again. Some files do that... I have some avi's that never convert to a proper mp4 because they are missing some file bits which can happen if you dl movies. You may just have to find a better copy of the movie and try again.