MOVIES--No PC

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by spinner, Jan 22, 2008.

1. spinner

spinner New Member

I don't have a pc. (as most of you probably know) So I downloaded some free mp4 movies over wifi. The only problem is Apache can't open the movie because safari says the page is too large. Is there any way, like with php and apache or something, to make a local webpage, upload the movie to it, and watch it over wifi? Doing all of this with the touch of course. Yes, I searched and found the Apache/php tutorial, but it didn't answer my questions. Can anyone give me some tips?
  2. btothe3

btothe3 Banned

i use ishare and download to video foldder on my ipot. You have to format it first to a title like s34e
  3. spinner

spinner New Member

Can you explain the process please? I don't have a pc, but I can rename the file. Please explain.
  4. klink724

klink724 New Member

itunes gives every movie, song, whatever a four digit name for the product. this is so that it ican be recognized by a computer faster. you need to rename it so that the ipod can open the video file on the ipod not in safari.
  5. spinner

spinner New Member

So do I just choose any 4 digit name? And why do the videos in the itunes controll folder say .m4v at the end? Will I need to rename that too? And to the guy with the ishare thing, can u email me a dl link so I can enter that into ishare and mooch some movies from you? Spinner357@hotmail.com
  6. btothe3

btothe3 Banned

No. If i do you moght change the password like what happend to you
  7. spinner

spinner New Member

No, you just check the movies. Then go to the bottom and click "send download link for selected files" Then send it to my email. Then I can enter the link into ishare and dl the movies. It doesn't give me a username or password. I can't access the account itself, just dl the stuff from it.
  8. edge0

edge0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the four digit code for the title is like that (music or videos)'s id. the itunes_db file stores the actual name of the movie and the rest of this stuff. in order for you to play the movie you must find a way to edit the itunes_db file and add ur movie's info.... i think this is in development in the ipod touch applications sub forum of this forum.. they are allowing downloading music and videos of safari and playing it with their own music player which also plays wmv, so it is very helpful and customizable.. and they also give a very good explanation on the itunes_db file and how it works..
  9. wgcv

wgcv New Member

10. moon ra

moon ra New Member

I noticed safari won't play my mp4 through apache if they're not renamed .mov (whereas the ipod CAN play them when synced).
    Hope it helps someone.