movie to ipod ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by racefan, Jan 7, 2009.

1. racefan

racefan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how the hell do you get a movie on the ipod touch, i mean if i want one out of my own dvd collection? i just want to try it out..
  2. eblah

eblah New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You'll have to rip the DVD in a format the iPod can play and then add it to iTunes and you're good to go.

I'm not sure if mentioning the programs that rip DVD's are against the forum rules or not, but you can quickly find out by either doing a quick search on these forums or Google how to.
  3. ipodnanoinian

ipodnanoinian Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    becareful i tried google and got a virus from one of the downloads
  4. racefan

racefan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what files does ipod play, i happened to find a movie on my computer thats in mp3 format(think thats what it was)so on the left of the screen where it says library i clicked on video then went to file- import file- click on the movie and nothing happened then i clicked on the ipod symbol then the movies tab, there it said i had not rented any movies to download so what am i doing wrong ...sorry new to the whole apple thing i had a sansa which is easier to use.....thanks
  5. eblah

eblah New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download Handbrake. It'll have an option to convert the DVD to an iPod Touch/iPhone format (MP4). Rip the DVD (it can take an hour or two) and then move the converted file to your iTunes library. Finally, sync your iPod up and you should have the movie.