movie screen ratio problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by phillium23, Jul 8, 2008.

1. phillium23

phillium23 New Member

so ive downloaded a few movies off of the internet and they came downloaded as AVI files. I have done some research on the internet and figured out that there are tons of different methods and tools to converting these files to mp4, the native file format for ipod touch. Ive tried both videora and winAVI, 2 programs that I've downloaded and neither of them are trial versions as they both give me my movies in mp4 format, the entire movies.

Ive had 2 different problems, one in each of the 2 converting softwares ive tried

1. In videora, the movie converts perfectly, great quality, takes a little long...but its worth it for the wait. The thing is, each movie comes out around 1.5 or 2 GB a piece...which I simply cannot handle for how many movies I want

2. In winAVI, the movies turn out ok, only around 500 MB each time which is great, but something with the screen ratio isnt working out. There are humongous black bars at the top and bottom of my screen.

Now I know the movie files i downloaded from the internet are all different screen ratios but shouldnt there be a way to make them so they can take up the entire screen of my ipod touch?

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
  2. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

Get xvid4psp. Screen ratio option specifically fit for the touch/phone. Vids come out to about half a gig.