Movie Renting Hypothesis..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by fr0z3nic3, Jan 22, 2008.

1. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Ok, I was reading some threads on this in MacRumors and I found this one thread where it was talking about the Movie Rentals in iTunes, so I decide to read it.. It talks about how to do it and stuff and at the very end of the tutorial and review it says.. "Apple is really trying to get a dollar out us. I just read the Apple will be charging us $3 everyday that we haven't synced are iPod to iTunes after an over due movie since the minimum pay for a movie is $9.99." Now I was thinking about this.. Each movie rental cost $3.99 once bought you have 24 hours to watch it before the 30 day count down starts.. After those 30 days are up and you still haven't synced your iPod to iTunes to return it they will deduct $3 from your iTunes account.. That means credit card users would be in debt if that was a daily thing.. iTunes Pre-Paid Card users will run out of money every card they pay for, and Steve Jobs is counting it all?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this could cause lots of problems

Credit card users could have gone on holiday after they had watched the film

Senario

Son: Daddy can we watch a new film before we go on holiday
    Dad: Sure lets rent one from itunes for 24 hours
    Son: Lets rent Rattatooie
    Dad: Ok, Done now you stay here and watch this im going to finish packing the suitcases
    Son: Ok, thanks daddy
    1:30 mins later
    Dad: Time to go to bed now we need to be up at 6 in the morning to catch our flight
    Son: Ok, Good night
    Dad: Takes son to bed
    6am arrives they turn off their computer not knowing they need to sync
    2 weeks later they have a huge credit card bill for itunes movie they thought they only needed to pay whatever the price was.....

Bad, Bad Decision
  3. cerrilloi

cerrilloi New Member

what if you dont have an ipod you only own an apple tv ? i dont think this is true apple wouldn´t do such a move
  4. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

I think it is.. If you have Apple TV I think it will automatically take it back for you..
  5. toehead

toehead New Member

Im pretty sure that it is just DRM and will have a time stamp and an expiration time.
  6. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Urm.... you've been told some crap there... the movie rentals will delete themselves when the 24 hours are up.
  7. Charlie Chambers

Charlie Chambers New Member

Indeed they do.
  8. Terin7

Terin7 New Member

That is a jumble of random lies. You buy a movie for 3-5 bucks, then it is queued up for download. You have 30 days to just watch the movie. When you first start watching it, you then have 24 hours until it deletes itself. That's all.
  9. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

Yeah I don't believe the OP at all. I wish there was a digg down button.
  10. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    where is the "If-Then Statement"? lol

oh, and back on topic, it might be another way for steve jobbs to make MORE money, and it might not be...i rented a movie to try it out, but could not wait 30 days lol sorry ill try it again soon and see if it works