Movie Rentals+1.1.3 SoftUpgrade/Jailbreak=Fail???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by poisonjam, Feb 12, 2008.

1. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Well I used the DEVTeam Jailbreak and every time I want to sync a rented movie AS SOON AS IT IS DONE "Itunes connot connect to the internet" when my "interweb" (and yes I said interweb cause I roll like that) connection is fine can any one who is running on 1.1.3 please tell me if you can rent movies (it's like 4.95 USD$ I think) but any way please post your results and what jailbreak you are running on please.
  2. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm using iJailBreakMobile and it worked fine, it let me buy the $20 apps
    (which i was later refunded the money for) and they worked fine.

[Anything I Can Put Into BBCode][WTF][Edit] Why would you want to rent a movie???? I personally think its stupid to rent them from iTunes. I'd rent them in person and rip them to my library. [/Edit][/WTF][/Anything I Can Put Into BBCode]
  3. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Uhhhh Im going to disreguard the spelling and gramatical errors and going to tell you this [ lets say you get a DVD from a real movie rental store ie: BlockBuster most of their DVDs all have copyright protection to keep you from keeping the movie on your computer, and the movies and like 7.00$. Next, Most likely if you rent a movie from a rental store its a legimante movie with the art on the DVD and everything but lets say your going to be cheap and get a "bootleg" from behind your neighborhood convient store, those are on blank discs and that means that the movie ALREADY BEEN COPIED that mens SOME of the original quality from the original disc is gone THEN YOU WANT TO PUT IT ON YOUR computer and poof SOME more of the quality is gone THEN ON TO ITUNES poof a little bit is gone now THEN TO YOUR IPOD now on your Ipod is a crap movie that isnt worth my 2 cents that movie has been through FIVE DEGRESS of seperation. So I find it beneficial and cheaper and I can keep the movie longer to rent it through Itunes
  4. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I used 1.1.2 => 1.1.3
    If you used 1.1.1 => 1.1.3, you're gonna have some problems with DRM.

Yes, I yelled.

Edit: My Grammar is Fine, and Mozilla spell checks for me. I take them straight from the DVD. Theres a little program called DVD43 that bypasses encryption. Handbrake then rips the movie at top, well, at least amazing quality. iTunes does not hurt quality my friend. It just imports the file and uses the id3 tags so you can rename it and edit it's information.
  5. blksqrl187

blksqrl187 New Member

It's what the kids call generation loss. I think you got it mixed up with the Kevin Bacon thing.

ez.
  6. benw

benw New Member

Best thread title ever. And I like the interwebs, too.
  7. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

I aim to please but any more results????