Movie audio through car speakers?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HankG, Sep 24, 2009.

1. HankG

HankG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First time Ipod Touch owner here. Just picked up the 32 gb 3g (fall 2009) version. I have read about getting an FM transmitter to listen to music through your car's speakers and am wondering if the audio from a movie can be transmitted with the same device. My wife and I like to bring our Macbook Pro on long trips to watch movies in the car. Since the driver can't actually watch the movie, being able to hear the movie is important. Unfortunately, our laptop's speakers are not very loud. We are hoping this could be an alternative option for us.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Can anyone just confirm or deny if it is possible to play movie audio through one's car speakers with an FM transmitter?
  2. HankG

HankG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nobody is willing to answer this question for me?
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Any sound that can be heard through earphones will be heard through the FM transmitter. Regardless of what device (iPod, Mac Book, etc).

Personally, I loathe those transmitters. My truck stereo doesn't have a factory "Aux" jack for iPods and such, but it does have a port for a CD changer. If your car steareo has this option (a special port on the rear of the head unit) you can get an adapter that will trick the radio into thinking you have a CD changer. Your iPod/Mac Book would plug into that, and the sound quality is 100 times better.