Move music, video, apps and other info from iPod Touch to iPhone: HOW?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uh_mamma, Dec 4, 2008.

1. uh_mamma

uh_mamma New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    OK so here's the deal, and I hope someone can chime in here, since nobody on the Apple Support forums ever answers any questions.

I currently own a 16GB iPod Touch, with 8GB worth of music, videos, apps and other things that I've downloaded and installed to configure it for my own personal preferences/use.

I am thinking of moving to the 16GB iPhone from my local provider here in Toronto.

Question: How can I make the iPhone look exactly like my iPod Touch, meaning my entire library of music, videos and apps without losing anything and having to start over? I'm using Win XP and the latest iTunes if that makes any difference. I would like to know basically if I hook up an iPhone to iTunes to sync everything, will it sync to make it basically the same exact unit except for the new phone features/bluetooth/camera, etc.?

If someone has had experience with this and is CERTAIN of how this would or would not work, I'd love to hear from you. If you *think* you know, I'd rather not risk it, sorry.

Many thanks!
  2. i_is_surf

i_is_surf New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    You plug your iPhone into the computer and create a new profile for it in iTunes, then go through the tabs and select what you want to add, as in all music, all contacts, playlists, podcasts, etc.. Then click sync and it will load it up...

Now, if you can find out how to make separate profiles for the iPod Touch and iPhone, I would love to know...