Movable widgets ?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by GazaIan, Aug 22, 2010.

1. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Okay, bear with me through this whole post. Please.

there are Cydia mods out that turn your iPod clock app icon into an actual working clock, and for weather, it tells you the actual temperature instead of the dummy 73.

So i was thinking, maybe we can take the icons and make widgets out of them? i know this sounds crazy right now, but just continue reading.

For example, could we not make an HTC Sense clock widget by simply using Clock.app ? that way, the clock would only be on one Springboard page, and not affixed to the background. Could it be done ?

Also, i was thinking [ this second idea i have less faith in ], that we could make WebClips and make widgets out of those instead?

I mean hey, with a Jailbroken iPod, anything is possible, right ?
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

sounds possible i mean go for it if you have the time
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It is possible... But the thing with tweaks for the iPod is that we need developers to make things... The things that usually thrive and continue growing are the ones that get support from the users of the device... If you generate enough support, all of this is possible.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It it possible with the WebClips too? Using WebClips seems like the best idea, but i didnt think WebClips would work.. well, because they're WebClips.

One the other hand, I'm going to attempt to learn all the languages used in themes [ Which i suppose includes XML and CSS ], and im going to try to get in contact with some theme devs, just to see if we can at least pull it off.