Motorola S9+2nd gen Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rafibz, Nov 10, 2008.

1. rafibz

rafibz New Member

I was wondering please, Should I get a bluetooth dongle for the touch or should I wait for a firmware update that will enable BT .
    Plus I was wondering if anyone knows if there's any dongle that would support both stereo and microphone support.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just hope for a 2G Jailbreak. Let alone unlocking the "Assumed" bluetooth.
  3. rafibz

rafibz New Member

yeah thought so too , thank you for the quick reply.
    so is there a bluetooth dongel for the touch that u know of that will support stereo or/and microphone.
    (s9 has a microphone builtin)
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't think there is one. And if there was, it would require Jailbreaking to use. Which, as you know, you can't Jailbreak.
  5. rafibz

rafibz New Member

why would I need a jailbreak for that? I mean i'll use skype or what not or fringe.
  6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The iPod Touch 2G doesn't have the drivers/firmware needed to use the BlueTooth. If you plugged it in, nothing would happen. Hardware today doesn't just miraculously work with other hardware. It needs software for it to work.
  7. rafibz

rafibz New Member

oh yeah you're right but a dongle would help
  8. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    By dongle i assume you mean the USB doover that you plug into the PC/Mac ?

Most new and up to date USB dongles/keys/USB doovers will support both head phones and mic support. Most of them will support either the Widcomm bluetooth stack (Broadcom.) or Blue Soleil (IVT.). There are others out there no doubt, but these are the main two.

What you need to look for is what profiles your dongle supports. A good place to start is here to see what profiles are available, then compare that to the dongle you want to buy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

you will get stereo head sets for bluetooth that support a mic, but they will only support mono when using them as a mic and headset for conversations as the input stream, ie: the other person talking to you, will only be in mono, not stereo. If you go back to using them for listening to MP3's, they will work in stereo again.

As for waiting for the touch to get bluetooth support, you are probably better waiting for the lottery to land in your lap. its a sad fact that it has the chip, or possible chip for bluetooth and so many other mp3 players now support bluetooth. i just hope the do get about to implementing it and at the moment it is just a firmware update holding it back.
  9. rafibz

rafibz New Member

Thank you pegaxs. I meant to plug in to the touch not for the pc.
  10. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    In that case, yes

Please Register or Log in to view images

kind of...

what you can get is a bluetooth adapter. Its a small device that plugs into your ipod head phones jack and supply's the unit with a go between. It will plug into your 3.5mm head phones jack. some will support a "hands free" profile as well.

Just get on and google "bluetooth adapter" and see where that starts taking you. its about as close as you are going to get at the moment.