Most songs not syncing without error!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Boneshock, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Boneshock

Boneshock New Member

For context: I recently reformatted my hard drive. Prior to the reformat I had some 200 songs. When I reformatted I used a network shared folder to copy them back onto the computer after the reformat. I did not use a iTunes created back-up disc. All songs successfully transfered, and play fine.

Yesterday I synced my iPod for the first time since the reformat, and it gave me the usual "this iPod is not synced to this library" etc. I said ok, erase and re-sync. What harm could come? I have exactly the same songs. When I did this, it erased all songs without problem then started syncing normally. However, it only copied 14 songs. No error, no explanation, it just didn't copy the vast majority of my songs.

Wtf is going on? I've been trying to find an explanation but I can't find mine.

After using "get info" in iTunes, I learned that the songs which did not sync were listed as purchased by John ------, my father. The songs which DID sync are listed as either purchased by Josh -------, myself, or do not list a purchaser at all. Both the songs which do not sync and those which do are listed as purchased on the same account. Only the purchaser name changes.

Does anybody know what is going on, or how it can be fixed?
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    do all the songs play on the computer? you have to authorize the computer to play the songs...
  3. Boneshock

Boneshock New Member

Yes they do play, and the computer is indeed authorized