more pwnage problems

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by doomedraven, Apr 20, 2008.

1. doomedraven

doomedraven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i restored to a fresh 1.1.4 and i want to pwn 1.2, so i browse he .ipsw and then it won't let me click ipwner. so i click i click ipsw builder and i can't click user pictures or anything.

how can i fix this? or what am i doing wrong?
    thanks. i will rep anyone that helps.
  2. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

You have to first pwn with 1.1.4. Afterwards you build Custom ipsw's for different versions of firmware. I think the 1.2 version has expired. Anyway it is VERY SLOW and buggy.

Remember that pwning is a 2 step project. First you pwn with 1.1.4 (you only need to do this once) and then you build the CUSTOM ipsw which you restore to the pwned ipod. You CANNOT pwn with anything except 1.1.4. Hope this is clear.
  3. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

You're having a problem because you don't load the customs in pwnage. Once you've pwned your pod, load the 1.2 ipsw in the browser and build the custom fw. Definitely use the most recent build. You load the new firmware in iTunes by shift or alt-clicking.
    1 person likes this.
  4. doomedraven

doomedraven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so i can't get 1.2 with installer. i am sorry for being a noob. i have read most of the threads in this section of the forum
  5. monstermac77

monstermac77 New Member