More Problems....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeanPocketTouch, Dec 31, 2009.

1. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, so I created a few threads* about the problems I've been having with my 3G which I ordered in September. My first problem was the brightness sensor not working at all and it still doesn't, but I can live with that. My second thread was about the accelerometer and crashes. I made those threads while my iPod was jailbroken. A few days ago I decided to restore my iPod from iTunes and all was fine, for a little bit. The brightness sensor and accelerometer issues still continue to persist. So I decided to erase all content from settings menu and then restored with iTunes and the problems continued so I put it in DFU mode and restored and I also tried a firmware from another website instead of the one it downloads from the apple servers thinking that it might do something different. So far nothing has stopped these problems.

The problems I'm have are caused by the accelerometer. My iPod will will be working fine for maybe 2 hours and then all of a sudden the accelerometer in whatever app I'm currently in will stop working. For example, I'll be in safari and I'll go to tilt it and nothing will happen and I just continue using safari without rotating and then I'll exit the app when I'm done and go to open another and then when I go to open another app it will freeze on the splash screen of that app. But, the weird part is it's not completely frozen, the accessibility features like the double tap with three fingers to zoom still work and I can move the screen around and then zoom back out. Sometime I just turn it on and it freezes instantly on the lock screen or it'll just be in sleep mode and all of the sudden the screen will turn on and the Apple logo appears and its rebooting itself.

If I hold the home and power button and force it to restart it takes about 10 minutes to boot up instead of the usual minute or less. If I don't force it to boot and just let it sit it will just sit there for 5 minutes until a pinwheel comes up and spins around for 5 more minutes and shuts off and reboots for 10 minutes... I have videos of both situations and but I just took one right before I made this thread.

Any help would be much appreciated as I don't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to return it the online way because I ordered it online.

Yeah, I have no patience...

Here is the video I just made:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pNwutOIe5Q

Brightness sensor thread
    Accelerometer thread
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Call Apple and ask for a replacement. It's for sure a hardware problem.
  3. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What I don't get is its been working fine since September and then two weeks ago it just crashed and ever since then these are all the problems I'm getting.
  4. Tkf1

Device:
    iPad mini
    That's why I'm saying get a replacement. They'll do it for free. Just go to your local Apple store. It doesn't matter if you bought it online.
  5. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I know. Also, that's the last iPod I will ever buy. I bought a Nano 5G after it came out and there's funky line going to the metal and the glass over the screen is depressed on the right side letting in all this dust and when I tried to take it back for an in-store exchange they gave me grief because it was one day past the return date on the receipt and they wanted me to call them and then go online and come back for an appointment in a week.
  6. Tkf1

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yea you need to make an apportionment. Are you dropping your ipod?
  7. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I know but I have no patience for that kind of crap. If i bought it at Wal*Mart they'd take it right back and swap it like I've done before Nope.. I'm pretty careful except for my 1G lol, but that one actually works.
  8. iPod-eee

iPod-eee New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)

soooo many people hang on to their 1G no matter what. lol
  9. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, it's extremely durable. I remember this one time I got so mad I threw it across the room like a baseball and the center of the side it hit a wood table and there just a tiny little dent and it's perfect. You can see it in my fixing weak wifi video lol.
  10. Tkf1

Device:
    iPad mini
    There's your problem.