More iTouch Conversion Questions!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jamesmor, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Jamesmor

Jamesmor New Member

Hey Guys,

I am not about 2 or so weeks with the itouch and it was the first time I could not find something in the calendar by just scrolling through. So, it is time to pay for a new calendar ap...the question is, which one?

(1) What is the most full featured calendar out there? I see several at different prices (such as the google calendar and one not for sale in the USA for some reason that does Lotus) but they don't really say everything they will do.

(2) Is there a way to delete the icons that come from Apple that I will n-e-v-e-r use? For example the 'You Tube' ap is a complete waste of desktop space for me...likewise the weather ap, maps, stocks, etc. These are not things I need in an ipod.

On a positive note, I had feared that the 16 gig version would be too small - but it is not. It is amazing. I have cataloged nearly 400 songs on it, tons of podcasts and a few fun game aps and I still have nearly 13 gigs free. Pretty cool.

James
  2. alisha898

alisha898 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iTouch hmm
    I hate when people Call the iPod Touch that

LoL
  3. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    (1) Can't help you there, but there should be some really good ones in the app store. Also, if you really want the one the comes with the iPT, then take it back to the apple store and exchange it.

(2)There's no way to delete the apps that came with the iPT, unless it's jailbroken. If it is, then download BossPrefs from Cydia, then turn the apps you don't want to off.
  4. Jamesmor

Jamesmor New Member

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I don't 100% understand your #1 response. I don't think that Apple will do an exchange on just the calendar. I like the itouch....I am just trying to get a better calendar ap. As to the ones at itunes, the only one that I really liked seemed to not be for sale in the USA (but was listed at Apple).

As to having to jail-break the itouch...for some reason, I am paranoid about doing that. I know that there is a lot of traffic here to do just this, but I am not 100% sure how jail breaking the itouch would be a benefit to me (outside of being able to delete a few icons).

James

PS One more question, is it possible to create sub-folders for icons with any aps?
  5. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wow, im the only one in this thread with an avatar.
    go me.

are you jailbroken?
    thatll help answer these questions.

you can organize your apps into folders using the jailbroken app Categories.
  6. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

First of all, get the facts straight. It's call and IPOD TOUCH and not a friggin ITOUCH. Damn.

You can go to the restrictions menu to 'delete' some icons off of your springboard. Settings > General > Restrictions.

Just flick the switches to off for the icons to disappear.
  7. Jamesmor

Jamesmor New Member

"First of all, get the facts straight. It's call and IPOD TOUCH and not a friggin ITOUCH. Damn."

LOL, with all due respect, it is easier to type 'itouch.' We all know what I am talking about and it seems kind of silly to go nuts over something that has little value. Given the 'iphone' moniker, it seems to be not so far a stretch that the 'itouch' moniker that I made up would be appropriate given that they are virtual clones of each other in functionality. Having said that, to each their own.

Having said that, I got some feedback that Saisuke (the paid ap) would do what I need. I just downloaded the $10 Saisuke ap for the itouch and I think that it does everything I need it to. Problem solved!

James
  8. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

'iPhone' is the Apple trademark, which is literally called, the iPhone. The iPod touch is a model of an iPod, which continues on the naming of the respective iPods, which would be iPod Touch. So if I get lazy one day on an iPod nano forum and start typing "iNano" substituting iPod nano, people would freak. Just call things what they're supposed to be called.
  9. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Technically, the "iTouch" is a Logitech keyboard or an iPod touch clone.

For the subfolders, you need to jailbreak.
  10. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Thank you.