Moo's Guitar with a different Mode?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iPodTouchEdwards, Mar 14, 2008.

1. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

wouldnt you think it would be good to having a strumming mode on this glorious app, so that its more like PocketGuitar but its so much better obviously.
    dont get me wrong u can still strum but when you put ur fingers on the strings it makes a sound and when strum u have to have atleast the last fret clear and im always hitting the buttons

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think that this would be a good step forward for this app, dont u think?

Tell me your opinions and other ideas if u want to share them.
    No flaming please.

2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    A lovely rhythm application is in development.
    It says so on the Help page of MCM: Guitarist
  3. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

o lol i must of missed that, thanks!

4. 3enny

3enny New Member

on moocowmusic.com it says:

"Future updates will see a rhythm-guitar backing chord sequencer, electric guitars, more tuning options, and the ability to record and playback your tunes."

which sounds awesome, and i love this app, i think its awesome, but i agree strongly with Edwards, and here's why: real guitar playing takes advantage of the fact that you can play open strings at any time without having your fingers down at a "zero" fret, such as how this program currently works. So, when trying to play real life songs with the program, your constantly having to scroll back down to the "zero" open fret, where as in real life, your fingers could have stayed up where they were, ready to make the next change, while your other hand is strumming open strings. although Moo's guitar app is better than its predecessor, it needs the strum ability in order to be a full on "guitar emulator". this situation is also exemplified with the nintendo DS guitar emulator game that uses the DS's bottom screen as the "strum" area.
  5. hidehide

hidehide New Member

Moo's other apps such as Drum and piano is very nice! I really like that, especially the drum app.
    But this guitar app is really really bad.. I guess he doesnt play guitar at all..
    How will a guitar app without strumming function.. Yea, its tapping.. but in real guitar, tapping involve lots of hammer on and pull offs.. and it only sounds good when its fast...
    Simple strumming is enough for this fat fret iphone