MooCowMusic - Bassist

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by MooTheCow, Feb 3, 2009.

1. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Hi guys,

Ever since I wrote Guitarist, people have been plaguing me for a bass guitar app. I don't like to disappoint.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Link directly to iTunes
    Link to the Bassist page at MooCowMusic.com

Bassist - The bass guitar simulator for the iPhone.
    * Use it as a "musical notepad" for working out riffs to play back in the studio on a real guitar.
    * Use it as a live performance instrument.
    * Use it to learn about the bass before committing yourself to that first purchase.
    * Use it to bring some 'bottom end' to the virtual band you started with your mates.

Available now from the App Store at a bargain price for a limited time.

I'm still getting a lot of feature requests for my apps, as well as for ones that don't exist yet, so I thought I'd share my rough plans for the future, in no particular order:-

- Update Pianist to steamline the setup screens to be more like Organist, give the graphics a facelift, and add multiple piano types. I've actually got bigger plans for Pianist, but unfortunately I can't spend all my time giving you free updates, so I'll have to drip-feed the changes.

- Update Guitarist to include different tunings and left-handed support. Lefties note: Bassist has a left-handed mode!

- Start work on 'Drummer'. (Yippee!) I get loooads of emails from people who've seen the old Jailbreak Drummer videos and wonder why I've "Taken it off the App Store"

I've so many ideas for the ultimate sampler app that I may release a 'Lite' version with reduced complexity, and then a full blown 'Pro' version which you _may_ have to read the manual to use properly.

The new app will definitely not be called Drummer as someone else is using that name in the App Store. But you'll know it when you see it.

Anyway, for now here's Bassist. Enjoy.
  2. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Congrats Moo! Another very solid music app.

Bitter.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Woah, a bass?! Tempting, very tempting.
  4. Linux

Linux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all of your apps! Just downloaded it.
  5. D.A.D.

D.A.D. New Member

Bassist-by moocow-help !!!

It seems like I have tried everything. I can not figure how to make notes on what I have done. Please tell me how to do this. Thank you Doug--hotwax@frontiernet.net
  6. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Could you please elaborate?
  7. D.A.D.

D.A.D. New Member

Save the music fo later reviewing.

I do not know how to save the music that I play on the bassist so that I can review it at a later date---either by listening to it or by seeing it on a chart.
    Thank you--Doug
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Mr. Moo,
    Could you please email me your phone number so I can talk to someone. Thank you.
  8. ~raF

~raF Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Lol, phone number!

I'll download it as soon as i get my iPod back!
    edit: thought it was free. i meant buy >.<
  9. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Ha. Finally started on that drummer

10. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Bassist does not have a recording facility, unlike my other apps. It is purely a live instrument to let you play bass guitar.

The rational behind this was that it was rather dull to just record bass lines without some sort of drums or other instruments (which I suppose was covered by Band), and also I wanted to produce an app with a reduced function set (for non-manual readers) and price to match.

Instead a lot (more than you'd probably imagine

) of effort went into designing the UI and recording multiple samples for each note to make it the best sounding bass guitar on the iPhone.

I still get a couple of emails a day from people wanting Drummer. Most of them, it turns out, saw an old YouTube video, just want to play Daft Punk samples and would be prepared to spend only a dollar or two on the app. And, like the man says, "There's a app for that" already in the Store.

But I _am_ working on a huge new music app that I can't say too much about now except that it will do everything Drummer did but also has the goal of being the best music-creation app on the iPhone. Looking at the bottom of this thread, you can see when I started this app, so you can imagine it's a pretty complex beast. Anyone who is interested should keep an occassional eye out at http://moocowmusic.com.

And, no, I can't give you my personal phone number.

But feel free to email me directly with support issues. (support@moocowmusic.com)